Community Mental Health


Community Mental Health follows all requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and provides accommodations when requested to assure that everyone eligible for services has equal access to them. If you need an accommodation to participate, call the Access Center at (616) 393-5681.

Language Assistance

CMHOC utilizes the Michigan Relay Service to communicate with people who are deaf or hard of hearing. Contact Michigan Relay by dialing 7-1-1. They are fast and easy to use. There is no additional charge for someone to use this service, only normal telephone charges apply. A Communications Assistant will facilitate your call. Michigan Relay keeps all calls facilitated by them confidential and no records are kept of the conversations by Michigan Relay.

If you need a sign language interpreter or do not speak English, contact Access, (616) 393-5681. Interpreters are available at no cost to you.

Accessibility & Accommodations

In accordance with Federal and state laws, all buildings and programs of the CMHOC are required to be physically accessible to individuals with all qualifying disabilities. Any individual who receives emotional, visual, or mobility support from a service animal such as a dog will be given access, along with the service animal, to all buildings and programs of the CMHOC. If you need more information or if you have questions about accessibility and service/support animals, contact Customer Service at (616) 494-5545.

If you need to request an accommodation on behalf of yourself or a family member or a friend, you can contact Customer Services. You will be told how to request an accommodation (this can be done over the phone, in person, and/or in writing) and you will be told who at the agency is responsible for handling accommodation requests.