Shelter in Place - Chemical - Vehicle
Discuss with family a shelter in place plan should you be in a vehicle during a hazardous chemical incident.
- Flashlight with fresh batteries.
- First Aid Kit
- Water + Non-Perishable Food
- Phone + charger to receive emergency instruction
- Roll up all windows
- Close sun or moonroofs
- Turn off Heat / AC / Fan
- Drive away from area in a controlled and safe manner.
- Travel perpendicular to the prevailing wind or in a safe direction as instructed by public safety officials.
- Incident updates may be available via local radio or through internet media outlets.
- All clear will be provided from police, fire, or other officials.
- Follow instructions received from police, fire or other local officials for what to do when you may exit your vehicle to make sure you stay safe.