Ottawa County Emergency Communications (OCEC)
Ottawa County Emergency Communications (OCEC) is one of the volunteer groups that support Ottawa County Emergency Management. OCEC membership is comprised mostly of licensed amateur radio operators who volunteer their time and skills to serve the people of Ottawa County with vital communications.
- Emergency communications during times of disaster.
- Coordination of communications for the Ottawa County Search and Rescue team; Ottawa County Medical Reserve Corps and the Ottawa County CERT team.
- A communications link between trained NWS SKYWARN spotters and Ottawa County Emergency Management during severe weather.
- Communications needs for law enforcement agencies and fire departments within Ottawa County.
- Communication needs for community organizations and events such as Holland Tulip Time, Grand Haven Coast Guard Festival, Salvation Army, Red Cross, and the Holland Park to Park Race
This team of volunteers serves under the oversight of Ottawa County Emergency Management, maintaining high standards of operation and coordination with other volunteer and professional public safety organizations.Learn More About the Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service »