Grose Park Forest Picnic Shelter
We are updating our facility reservation system! We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to take reservations for events in 2019 until after our new system is live. Please note that pricing may change for facilities. You are still able to reserve a facility for dates in 2018. Please call the Parks Administrative Office with questions: 616-738-4810. If you would like to receive an email when we are able to accept 2019 reservations, click here.
- Covered picnic area with cement floors and picnic tables
- Forest Shelter seats 90 people
- Facility has large group grill, serving table, and electrical outlets
- Fully accessible
Last Saturday in May through second Saturday in October
Times AvailableMonday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Sunday: 9:00am - 9:30pm
Holidays: 9:00am - 9:30pm
Reservation Fee$60 - Ottawa County Residents
$90 - Non-County Residents
- Nothing is allowed that would damage park property or furnishings. This includes nails, screws, tacks, staples, duct tape, mailing tape, or similar products. Decorations may be adhered using painter’s tape, Command™ strips, or floral wire and must be completely removed after the event.
- Anything that would leave evidence in the park is not allowed. This includes sidewalk chalk, glitter, confetti, birdseed, rice, or sprinkled decorations of any kind.
- Piñatas are allowed; however, a tarp or sheet must be placed under it to ensure everything is cleaned up after the reservation.
- There is a fee to bring in an amusement (such as a bouncy house, dunk tank, etc.) and these items must be approved in advance. You also must have liability insurance and complete a liability release form. Please contact the Parks Office for more information.
- Dogs and other animals are not allowed in any rental areas. Service dogs are permitted if working and wearing an identifying harness or vest.
- Alcohol is not allowed.
The facility will only be available at the times listed on your rental confirmation form. You may not see a staff person when you arrive.
Parks staff will:
- Make sure your facility is clean and ready on time.
- Clean and remove trash after your reservation.
The renter is responsible for:
- Any decorating or food-related needs, such as table coverings, dishes, utensils, etc.
- Placing all trash in the bins that are provided.
- Cleaning up any spills or messes.
- Removing all belongings at the end of the reservation.
Reservations that are cancelled 30 days or more in advance of the reservation date will receive a 50% refund of the reservation fee. Reservations cancelled less than 30 days in advance of the reservation date will result in the loss of the entire reservation fee.