Nature Center at Hemlock Crossing Park
This packet provides critical information you should know before you rent, plus helpful considerations while planning your event.
Showings require advance appointments. Call the Guest Services Supervisor at (616) 368-7587 to make an appointment.
- Kitchen with refrigerator, electric stove, microwave, and sink (kitchen wares not provided)
- Fully accessible, including modern restrooms
- Heated/air-conditioned and electrical outlets throughout building
- Banquet tables and chairs available for up to 80 people with tables and chairs, or 90 people with chairs only
- Projector and mounted screen available for free use
- Sound bar available to use with projector or media device
- Wifi available upon request (additional fee)
- Tables and chairs for up to 30 people
- Projector, mounted screen, and whiteboard available for free use
- Wifi available upon request (additional fee)
Rental Times & Fees
| Refundable security deposit of $250
required for all reservations, in addition to the rental fee.
|Ottawa County Resident||Non-Resident|
|Friday - Sunday, Entire Building|
|Tuesday - Friday, Great Room only|
|9am-5pm (3 hour minimum)||$50/hour||$70/hour|
|Tuesday - Friday, Classroom only|
|9am-5pm (3 hour minimum)||$35/hour||$50/hour|
* Early set-up time for the Great Room from 4-5pm is available for $100.
Refundable security deposit of $250 is required for all reservations.
|Great Room, tables & chairs||80 people|
|Great Room, chairs only||90 people|
|Classroom, tables & chairs||30 people|
|Maximum indoor capacity||90 people|
Make a Reservation
Call 616-786-4847 to check availability.
Special permit required to include alcoholic beverages for an event (beer and wine only). Call the Parks office for more information. The presence of alcoholic beverages at an event without special permit will result in forfeiture of your security deposit and possible event closure. Reservations including beer and wine require the following:
- $50 alcohol permit fee
- $250 alcohol security deposit
- For reservations under 50 people, liability insurance and indemnification
- For reservations with 50 or more people, indemnification and a licensed and approved bartender
Facility RulesClick here to view complete rules & information
A staff person will meet you at the time listed on your reservation confirmation form. If you need to change your arrival time, you must notify the Parks Office at least two business days prior to your event.
If you wish to request an arrival time that is earlier than the facility’s scheduled opening time, at least two weeks’ notice is required. Additional fees will apply. We are not able to accommodate early arrival requests with less than two weeks’ notice.
Parks staff will:
- Make sure your facility is ready and open on time.
- Have tables and chairs set up. You may rearrange them but need to return them to their original locations at the end of the reservation.
- Clean floors and take out trash after the reservation.
You (the renter) would be responsible for:
- Any decorating or food-related needs, such as table coverings, dishes, utensils, etc.
- Placing all trash in the bins that are provided.
- Cleaning up any spills or messes.
- Wiping down tables and returning them to their original location.
- Removing all belongings at the end of the reservation.
If the person renting a facility cancels the reservation, the following policy applies:
- 61+ days prior to the reservation: 80% refund of reservation fee plus 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled for a $20 rescheduling fee.
- 31 to 60 days prior to the reservation: 50% refund of reservation fee plus 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled for a $20 rescheduling fee.
- 0 to 30 days prior to the reservation: Reservation fee will not be refunded, and reservation may not be rescheduled. 100% of deposit will be refunded.
- No show, no call, or cancellation after the reservation date: Neither the reservation fee nor the deposit will be refunded, and reservation may not be rescheduled.
Exceptions to cancellation policy:
- If the facility is unavailable due to a building maintenance issue (e.g. a fire, plumbing or HVAC issue, etc.), a natural disaster, pandemic, government restriction, or other problem outside of the control of both Ottawa County Parks and the renter, the renter would be offered a 90% refund of the reservation fee and 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled at no additional cost, or the funds may be placed on account for a future reservation, park program, or merchandise.
- If Ottawa County Parks chooses to cancel the reservation for any reason not listed above, 100% of all fees will be refunded, or the reservation may be rescheduled at no additional cost.