Pigeon Creek Lodge
- Fully accessible indoor facility with modern restrooms
- Banquet tables and chairs for up to 80 people
- Heated and air-conditioned with electrical outlets throughout the building
- Fireplace available (wood not provided)
- Kitchen with refrigerator, electric stove, and sink (kitchen wares not provided) - summer, spring, fall only
- The kitchen area (including appliances) is not available during winter season
- May 1 through November 30
Daily from 10:00am - 9:30pm
- December 1 through April 30
Mon - Thur from 9:00am - 1:00pm
- May 1 - November 30
$31/hr for resident
$36/hr for non-resident
Six (6) hour minimun for rentals
- December 1 - April 30
Ski or snowshoe rental add-on available, $2 per person
- Nothing is allowed that would damage park property or furnishings. This includes nails, screws, tacks, staples, duct tape, mailing tape, or similar products. Decorations may be adhered using painter’s tape, Command™ strips, or floral wire and must be completely removed after the event.
- Anything that would leave evidence after the reservation is not allowed. This includes sidewalk chalk, glitter, confetti, birdseed, rice, or sprinkled decorations of any kind.
- Piñatas are allowed; however, a tarp or sheet must be placed under it to ensure everything is cleaned up after the reservation.
- There is a fee to bring in an amusement (such as a bouncy house, dunk tank, etc.) and these items must be approved in advance. Proof of liability insurance and a completed liability release form are required. Please contact the Parks Office for more information.
- Larger/specialty appliances are not allowed, such as cotton candy, popcorn, or ice cream machines. No more than one appliance is allowed per plug, including crock pots. Please do not use power strips for appliances, or the circuit breaker may trip.
- Dogs and other animals are not allowed in any rental areas. Service dogs are permitted if working and wearing an identifying harness or vest.
- Alcohol is not allowed.
- Tents are only allowed with prior approval. Tents may not be staked because of underground sprinkling lines.
Facility Opening/ClosingThe facility will only be available at the times shown on your rental confirmation form. In order to avoid open and unoccupied buildings, please be as accurate as possible when you select an arrival and departure time. You may not see a staff person when you arrive, but the building will be open at the time that you selected.
If you wish to have closer access to drive to the building for loading and unloading purposes only, please contact the Parks Office at (616) 738-4810 to make arrangements to pick up a gate key. A $50 refundable security deposit fee is required to pick up the gate key.
Parks staff will:
- Make sure your facility is ready and open on time.
- Have tables and chairs set up. You may rearrange them.
- Clean and take out trash after your reservation.
You (the renter) would be responsible for:
- Any decorating or food-related needs, such as table coverings, dishes, utensils, etc.
- Placing all trash in the bins that are provided.
- Cleaning up any spills or messes.
- Wiping down tables and removing all belongings at the end of the reservation.
If the person renting a facility cancels the reservation, the following policy applies:
- 61+ days prior to the reservation: 80% refund of reservation fee plus 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled for a $20 rescheduling fee.
- 31 to 60 days prior to the reservation: 50% refund of reservation fee plus 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled for a $20 rescheduling fee.
- 0 to 30 days prior to the reservation: Reservation fee will not be refunded, and reservation may not be rescheduled. 100% of deposit will be refunded.
- No show, no call, or cancellation after the reservation date: Neither the reservation fee nor the deposit will be refunded, and reservation may not be rescheduled.
Exceptions to cancellation policy:
- If the facility is unavailable due to a building maintenance issue (e.g. a fire, plumbing or HVAC issue, etc.), a natural disaster, pandemic, government restriction, or other problem outside of the control of both Ottawa County Parks and the renter, the renter would be offered a 90% refund of the reservation fee and 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled at no additional cost, or the funds may be placed on account for a future reservation, park program, or merchandise.
- If Ottawa County Parks chooses to cancel the reservation for any reason not listed above, 100% of all fees will be refunded, or the reservation may be rescheduled at no additional cost.