Spring Grove Park
- Rustic indoor facility
- Partition wall that allows reservation of half or whole building, with each half reserved separately
- Picnic Building – Kitchen Side: features kitchen with refrigerator, electric stove, and sink (kitchen wares not provided)
- Picnic Building – Fireplace side: features large fieldstone fireplace (wood not provided)
- Exterior accessible restrooms
- Indoor picnic table seating for up to 50 people per side
- Electrical outlets throughout building
- Not heated/air-conditioned
- Fully accessible
- Unique outdoor facility designed for weddings and other ceremonial functions
- Reservation includes one side of Picnic Building; the Trellis may not be rented on its own
- No food or beverages allowed in Trellis area
- Area capacity of 150 people
- Seating is not provided at the Trellis. Any outside seating must come from an approved vendor. See packet for approved vendors.
- All chairs and decorations must be set-up and removed within reservation time
- Electrical outlets available on pillars
- Fully accessible
Rental Times & Fees
Dates & Times Available
May 1 through October 9
- Monday - Thursday, 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Friday - Sunday, 10:00am - 2:30pm or 5:00pm - 9:30pm
|Fees per time block:||Residents||Non-Residents|
|Picnic Building – Kitchen Side Only||$66||$96|
|Picnic Building – Fireplace Side Only||$60||$90|
|Outdoor Wedding Trellis + Kitchen Side||$186||$216|
|Outdoor Wedding Trellis + Fireplace Side||$180||$210|
|Outdoor Wedding Trellis + Entire Building||$246||$306|
- Nothing is allowed that would damage park property or furnishings. This includes nails, screws, tacks, staples, duct tape, mailing tape, or similar products. Decorations may be adhered using painter’s tape, Command™ strips, or floral wire and must be completely removed after the event.
- Anything that would leave evidence after the reservation is not allowed. This includes sidewalk chalk, glitter, confetti, birdseed, rice, or sprinkled decorations of any kind.
- Piñatas are allowed; however, a tarp or sheet must be placed under it to ensure everything is cleaned up after the reservation.
- There is a fee to bring in an amusement (such as a bouncy house) and these items must be approved in advance. Proof of liability insurance and a completed liability release form are required. Please contact the Parks Office for more information.
- Larger/specialty appliances are not allowed, such as cotton candy, popcorn, or ice cream machines. No more than one appliance is allowed per plug, including crock pots. Please do not use power strips for appliances, or the circuit breaker may trip.
- Dogs and other animals are not allowed in any rental areas. Service dogs are permitted if working and wearing an identifying harness or vest.
- Alcohol is not allowed.
- Tents are only allowed with prior approval. Tents are only allowed in specific areas and are not allowed in the Trellis or lower spring area.
Facility Opening/ClosingThe facility will only be available at the time shown on your rental confirmation form. You may not see a staff person when you arrive, but the building will be open at the time that you selected.
Parks staff will:
- Make sure your facility is ready and open on time.
- Clean and take out trash after your reservation.
You (the renter) would be responsible for:
- Any decorating or food-related needs, such as table coverings, dishes, utensils, etc.
- Placing all trash in the bins that are provided.
- Cleaning up any spills or messes.
- Wiping down tables and removing all belongings at the end of the reservation.
If the person renting a facility cancels the reservation, the following policy applies:
- 61+ days prior to the reservation: 80% refund of reservation fee plus 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled for a $20 rescheduling fee.
- 31 to 60 days prior to the reservation: 50% refund of reservation fee plus 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled for a $20 rescheduling fee.
- 0 to 30 days prior to the reservation: Reservation fee will not be refunded, and reservation may not be rescheduled. 100% of deposit will be refunded.
- No show, no call, or cancellation after the reservation date: Neither the reservation fee nor the deposit will be refunded, and reservation may not be rescheduled.
Exceptions to cancellation policy:
- If the facility is unavailable due to a building maintenance issue (e.g. a fire, plumbing or HVAC issue, etc.), a natural disaster, pandemic, government restriction, or other problem outside of the control of both Ottawa County Parks and the renter, the renter would be offered a 90% refund of the reservation fee and 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled at no additional cost, or the funds may be placed on account for a future reservation, park program, or merchandise.
- If Ottawa County Parks chooses to cancel the reservation for any reason not listed above, 100% of all fees will be refunded, or the reservation may be rescheduled at no additional cost.