Maternal Infant Health Program
MIHP Team: (left to right)
Devon Stuit, Julie Yoas, Charly Nienhuis, Cynthia Hinton-Smeyers, Sandra Lake, Dawn Dotson, Becky Antaya, Molly Dewald and Jael DelaHuerta
Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP)Home support for pregnant women, new parents and families from a team of social workers, dietitians and nurses. The team provides prenatal, parenting and child development education; along with counseling and nutrition information. Help in obtaining needed resources, including transportation assistance, to qualifying individuals. Financial aid and travel expense costs is offered to individuals who qualify.
Talk to your health care provider about MIHP or call us at (800) 764-4111 ext. 5758 or (616) 393-5731. You may also print and submit a Referral Form to sign up for the program.
MIHP supports healthy pregnancies and healthy babies.
- Help assist with Medicaid application.
- Connect with community services for clothing, food and housing.
- Provide education about developing fetuses.
- Learn about healthy choices for a healthy pregnancy.
- Learn about healthy eating.
- Assist with health problems that may affect the baby
(e.g., diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, anxiety, depression).
- Help quit or reduce tobacco, alcohol and drug abuse.
- Receive travel information for doctor visits.
- Address concerns about abuse or violence.
After Childbirth(newborns through 12 months)
- Support for breastfeeding.
- Learn about safe sleeping.
- Discover ways to calm baby.
- Learn infant massage techniques.
- Learn about postpartum depression and self-care.
- Receive counseling services for a healthy family.
- Find ways to play and spend time with baby.
- Receive immunization information.
- Weigh and measure baby.
- Learn about your baby’s growth and development.
- Find out about low cost birth control options.
- Receive nutrition education.
Children’s Health Services
12251 James Street
Holland, MI 49424
Phone: (616) 396-5266
FAX: (616) 393-5643
Clinic FAX: (616) 393-5659
Monday - Friday:
8:00am - 5:00pm
Social Media Sites Policy
1207 South Beechtree Street
Grand Haven, MI 49417
Phone: (616) 846-8360
Fax: (616) 844-1778
by appointment only
Friday: by appointment only
3100 Port Sheldon Road
Hudsonville, MI 49426
Phone: (616) 669-0040
FAX: (616) 669-3039
Tuesday & Friday:
8am-12pm & 1pm-5pm