Kirk Park Lodge Picnic Building
- Rustic indoor facility available as picnic building in summer
- Kitchen with refrigerator, electric stove, and sink (kitchen wares not provided)
- Restrooms available
- Picnic table seating for up to 50 people
- Heat and electrical outlets throughout building
- Outdoor deck with nearby grill and group fire pit
- Accessibility limitations due to steep slope leading up to building and narrow doorways
May 1 through Labor Day
Rental Times and Fees
10:00am - 9:30pm
- Residents - $108
- Non-Residents - $138
Vehicle entrance fees in effect from Saturday of Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day (Monday). Parking is not guaranteed for any event.
- Nothing is allowed that would damage park property or furnishings. This includes nails, screws, tacks, staples, duct tape, mailing tape, or similar products. Decorations may be adhered using painter’s tape, Command™ strips, or floral wire and must be completely removed after the event.
- Anything that would leave evidence after the reservation is not allowed. This includes sidewalk chalk, glitter, confetti, birdseed, rice, or sprinkled decorations of any kind.
- Piñatas are allowed; however, a tarp or sheet must be placed under it to ensure everything is cleaned up after the reservation.
- There is a fee to bring in an amusement (such as a bouncy house, dunk tank, etc.) and these items must be approved in advance. Proof of liability insurance and a completed liability release form are required. Please contact the Parks Office for more information.
- Dogs and other animals are not allowed in any rental areas. Service dogs are permitted if working and wearing an identifying harness or vest.
- Alcohol is not allowed.
- There are a fireplace and fire pit both available for use with reservations. Wood is not provided. Fires must be thoroughly extinguished before the end of the reservation.
- There is a fee to enter the park from Memorial weekend through Labor Day. Please notify your guests. (LINK TO http://miottawa.org/Parks/fees_rules.htm)
Facility Opening/ClosingThe facility will only be available at the times shown on your rental confirmation form. In order to avoid open and unoccupied buildings, please be as accurate as possible when you select an arrival and departure time. You may not see a staff person when you arrive, but the building will be open at the time that you selected.
Parks staff will:
- Make sure your facility is ready and open on time.
- Clean floors and take out trash after your reservation.
You (the renter) would be responsible for:
- Any decorating or food-related needs, such as table coverings, dishes, utensils, etc.
- Placing all trash in the bins that are provided.
- Cleaning up any spills or messes.
- Wiping down tables and removing all belongings at the end of the reservation.
If the person renting a facility cancels the reservation, the following policy applies:
- 61+ days prior to the reservation: 80% refund of reservation fee plus 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled for a $20 rescheduling fee.
- 31 to 60 days prior to the reservation: 50% refund of reservation fee plus 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled for a $20 rescheduling fee.
- 0 to 30 days prior to the reservation: Reservation fee will not be refunded, and reservation may not be rescheduled. 100% of deposit will be refunded.
- No show, no call, or cancellation after the reservation date: Neither the reservation fee nor the deposit will be refunded, and reservation may not be rescheduled.
Exceptions to cancellation policy:
- If the facility is unavailable due to a building maintenance issue (e.g. a fire, plumbing or HVAC issue, etc.), a natural disaster, pandemic, government restriction, or other problem outside of the control of both Ottawa County Parks and the renter, the renter would be offered a 90% refund of the reservation fee and 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled at no additional cost, or the funds may be placed on account for a future reservation, park program, or merchandise.
- If Ottawa County Parks chooses to cancel the reservation for any reason not listed above, 100% of all fees will be refunded, or the reservation may be rescheduled at no additional cost.