Maternal Infant Health Program
MIHP Team: (left to right) Devon Stuit, Julie Yoas, Charly Nienhuis, Cynthia Hinton-Smeyers, Sandra Lake, Dawn Dotson, Becky Antaya, Molly Dewald and Jael DelaHuerta (Not pictured: Marissa Lesky)
Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP)
Home support for pregnant women, new parents and families from a team of social workers, dietitians and nurses. The team provides prenatal, parenting and child development education; along with counseling, nutrition information and help in obtaining needed resources for qualifying individuals.
Talk to your health care provider about MIHP. For referrals call (800) 764-4111 or (616) 393-5731. You may also print and fax the Referral Form. For program information, call (616) 393-5758 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MIHP supports healthy pregnancies and healthy babies.
During Pregnancy, we will:
- Help assist with your Medicaid application.
- Connect you with community services for clothing, food and housing.
- Provide education about your developing baby.
- Teach you how to make healthy choices for a healthy pregnancy.
- Assist you with health problems that may affect your baby (e.g., diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, anxiety, depression).
- Help you quit or reduce tobacco, alcohol and drug abuse.
- Provide you with travel information to doctor visits.
- Address any concerns you may have about abuse or violence.
(newborns through 12 months)
- Support you with breastfeeding.
- Teach you about safe sleeping.
- Give you immunization information.
- Weigh and measure your baby.
- Help you discover ways to calm your baby.
- Demonstrate infant massage techniques.
- Talk about postpartum depression and self-care.
- Provide counseling services for a healthy family.
- Suggest ways to play and spend time together.
- Explain children’s growth and development.
- Help you find low-cost birth control options.
- Give you nutrition education.
- Dawn Dotson, Program Supervisor (616) 393-5758
- Jael Delahuerta, Team Support (616) 393-5764
- Devon Stuit, Medicaid Outreach (616) 393-5731
- Becky Antaya, Registered Dietitian (616) 393-5739
- Molly Dewald, Licensed Master Social Worker (616) 393-4448
- Cynthia Hinton-Smeyers, Licensed Master Social Worker (616) 393-5741
- Charly Nienhuis, Registered Nurse (616) 393-5728
- Julie Yoas, Registered Nurse (616) 393-4446
- Marissa Lesky, Registered Nurse (616) 393-5658
Children’s Health Services
- Children’s Special Health Care Services
- Dental Health
- Family Planning and Birth Control
- Hearing & Vision
- Health Insurance Options