A major function of the court is the administration of deceased estates. It is the court's task to interpret wills in the event of uncertainty or conflict over the will's meaning. The court may also determine rights to an estate where the person has died "intestate" (without a will). This function of the court demonstrates one of the important purposes of courts in our society -- they make a formal record of the legal status of property.
- Instructions for Completing a Petition and Order for Assignment
- Supervised Probate
- Unsupervised Probate - Formal
- Unsupervised Probate - Informal
- Affidavit of Decedent's Successor for Delivery of Certain Assets Owned by Decedent
- Petition and Order to Open Safe Deposit Box to Locate Will/Burial Deed
- Deceased Estates - Authorization for Release of Account Information