Sheriff's Office

File an Online Report

Welcome to the Ottawa County Sheriff's Office Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. This system is to file a POLICE REPORT.

Using the Ottawa County Sheriff's Office Online Citizen Reporting System you can report incidents such as fraud, theft, identity theft, property damage, lost/found property, and harassment.

Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and once the report is reviewed and accepted, you can print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:

  1. This is not an emergency
  2. This incident occurred in Ottawa County
  3. There are no known suspects
  4. The incident did not occur within the City of Holland, City of Grand Haven, City of Zeeland, nor on the campus of Grand Valley State University

If you answered YES to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered NO to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section (see below).

Upon completion of this report process you will see the words "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete and you will be given a temporary online report number. Once your submission is reviewed and ACCEPTED, you will receive a Sheriff's Office Case number and can print a copy of the police report for your records.

  • All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
  • Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
  • Filing a false police report is a crime.

Click on the "Select Incident" button below to begin. Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call Ottawa County Central Dispatch (emergency 911; non-emergency 800-249-0911) to file your report with a Sheriff's Deputy.

Select Incident

If you are trying to report staff performance, please use one of these links instead:

Frequently Asked Questions

Powered by Coplogic's Online Citizen Police Reporting