19610 Main St.(approx.)
Conklin, MI 49403
Musketawa Trail, Marne Trailhead
15295 - 8th Ave. (approx.)
Marne, MI 49435
DirectionsIn Ottawa County, parking for the trail is located on 8th Avenue near Marne and on Sehler Street near Conklin.
Amenities & Activities
- Paved trail for hiking, biking, horseback riding, snowmobiling (when approved) and more
- Picnic tables in parking areas
- Portable toilets in parking areas
MapThis Map shows amenities, parking areas, features and trails. The Musketawa Trail is a 12 foot wide, all-season path constructed on an abandoned rail line between Marne and Muskegon. Ottawa County Parks manages 10 miles of the 26 mile trail between April 1 and November 30. For more information, visit www.musketawatrail.org. A brochure is also available.
Snowmobiling is allowed only when trails conditions have been approved. Contact Oscar Reed-the West Shore Snowmobile Council rep at (231) 744-5731. Conditions are often posted at the Michigan Snowmobile Association.
The Musketawa Trail is open year 'round. Please note that the parking area is not plowed in winter.
FeesThere are no fees to use the Musketawa Trail.
- Dogs are required to be leashed (10’ max) and under control at all times.
- Dogs are not permitted off-trail.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle.
- Leader dogs for persons with disabilities are permitted in all areas at any time.
- Recognizing that most dogs enjoy running and playing freely, many Ottawa County Open Space Lands allow dogs year-round off leash.
Additional Park Rules